Cantilever Sliding Gate Systems
Call 0800 169 8688 Now For Prices
Cantilever Sliding Gates are constructed from an aluminium or high quality steel beam and may have a pressed steel channel at the bottom of the gate. The channel or beam is set on bearing rollers which are engineered to a high standard, and which, in turn are bolted down to a large concrete pad. The gate is then created by being fabricated onto the beam, or cantilever sliding gate channel. The Gate is then mounted on the bearing rollers, which allows the gate to glide smoothly some 50 to 80mm above the height of its concrete base. The base needs to be set at a height that is low enough to maximise security, but high enough so that the gate glides freely over any obstacle in the opening, such as manhole covers, railway lines, or objects that would normally prevent the laying of a track for a tracked sliding gate. It may even be that the incline in the road dictates the type of gate required. Sliding gates are more conducive to being of a cantilever type, as opposed to a tracked type.
Cantilever Sliding Gate Video
The support frame or portals, of a cantilever sliding gate, increases the distance of the roller bearings which support the cantilever, such that up to half the opening width again is needed to support the gate and provide the counter balance for the cantilever sliding gate. This is so that it will be capable of rolling smoothly when opening or closing. For example, for a gate with a 6 metre opening, the support area would be 3 metres, giving a total run back area behind the gate of 9 metres.
For more information about our cantilever sliding gates please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.
We can offer:
- Supply and installation of a fully operational and integrated cantilever sliding gate system.
- A full 12 month warranty with all installations.
- Various levels of maintenance contracts to suit your requirements (all at competitive rates).
- A design solution for your particular site.
- Diagrams and technical information on cable installations for our products.
- A specification of products required to help with your building design.